Imperial Order of Olbea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to correctly set up a building.

Go down

How to correctly set up a building. Empty How to correctly set up a building.

Post  Kinkels Mon 21 Dec 2009, 10:46 pm

Hi guys.

I thought it would be a good idea to write down a guide on how to set up a building so that you will make traders and sector governors happy Smile (and thus make your building more likely to be stocked, making you more money Very Happy). In the game of Pardus 'everyone' wants to be a fighter (except me), as that is the case it is very hard to get regular traders to stock buildings. If you follow this guide you will greatly increase your chances of having your building stocked

First steps
Here are a few basic steps that you should always follow when building.

First build the correct type of building (if you have been asked to build an electronics facility then don't build a hand weapons factory)

Build it in the correct location (Build your building at the exact coordinates that you have been asked, sectors get planned and buildings are deliberately built in certain locations so as to minimize travel)

Enable public trading (if this is not turned on then no one else can trade with your building, and so it will be of no use to anyone)

Fine tuning
These are things that you should do after you have built the building

Follow the price plan (when setting the prices use the pricing scheme that was given to you by the person who asked you to build, if they haven't given you one then ask for one. Alternatively you can look at some of the other buildings in the sector and see what prices they have set, don't be tricky and change the prices to make a bit more money, that will just anger the traders.)

Add the building to the sector's building index. This is a crucial step that many people forget. To do this you go to overview>buildings>building index> then you tick the two buttons " show building info" and "display automatic info" then you need to click "set". Don't underestimate the power of this thing. It makes stocking buildings twice as easy (or half as difficult), basically it allows traders to see how much of each stock is required in the building. However for this to work properly you need to have your maxes set correctly.

Correctly setting building maximums. Using a maxes calculator correctly(like the one found here http://pardus.rukh.de/) means that traders will be able to fully utilize the capacity of your building.
To set the maximums you need to go to the above mentioned website, click on the tab on the side labeled "Bldg Maxes Calc" once there you enter the data necessary.
So if I had a smelter I would select the building type as "smelting facility", level as "4" capacity "300"
You then submit query and it calculates the optimal settings for the building.
In this case it suggests I set a food max of 56 (same with energy and water) and an ore max of 126. I know it says that you should set a minimum on your metal, ignore this, make sure it is set to 0.

Long term

Upgrade your building
It is always good to continually upgrade your building. It helps the sector, it brings you more profits and it makes the building easier to stock. As a general rule it is a good thing to upgrade your building whenever possible. However the higher production level your buildings get, the harder it is to upgrade them (for instance I have a production level 11 smelter with 1750 capacity, it will take over 5000 metal to upgrade it again).

Something that is not obvious from the manual is that you can use your building's capacity to store the materials that you want upgraded. That is if you want to upgrade the production of your building and it requires 100 metal ore and energy (but you only have a capacity of 150), then you can put the rest of the materials in your building (under the commodities section) and then upgrade it)

One of the few worthwhile uses of a mag scoop is giving you extra capacity. This is very useful for upgrading building when you are in a fighter or if you have your building at very high levels

When you do upgrade your buildings make sure that you correctly reset the maxes for them, as the optimal levels will change with each upgrade.

The only exceptions to this. Droids Assembly Complexes should only ever be upgrade to even production levels (IE 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 etc...) as the odd production levels don't actually increase its production)
Leech Nurserys should only ever be production level 2 (I think).

Minimum capacity -make sure that your building has a minimum capacity of 8 ticks (1 tick = 6 hours), this will mean that people will only have to stock your building every 48 hours. The higher the capacity of your building the more likely it will be stocked. All of my buildings have a capacity of over 20 (that means they only have to be stocked every 5 days)

Building defenses
The main purpose of building defenses is to deter pirates and raiders. Anyone with half decent skills can take out a building with defenses (even if you spent over 10 million on the defenses). If a pirate tries to raid your building, the defenses will stop them from being able to automatically taking your stock.

Common Mistakes:
When settings maximums
- saying you have storage capacity of 500, but actually only have 450 (because you decided to store 50t of drugs in your building)
- setting a minimum on your production, people often do this because the maxes calculator tells them to, I don't know why it does, but it is annoying! Set your minimums on your production commodity to 0, otherwise it just sits in your building doing nothing, and the building often can't be fully stocked

-Failing to add the building to the sector wide index. -mentioned previously but is very annoying, make sure you add it to the index or face my WRATH Exclamation

- If your building isn't getting stocked. Don't whinge Mad . Are you in a fighter skilling? Then quit your whinging. It is hard to get stockers as most people don't enjoy it (I seem to be a rare breed of person who enjoys mindlessly entering numbers into the computer and moving onto the next building, call me droll but it brings me satisfaction Cool. Have you followed all of the steps of this guide? Good! Have you considered getting out of your fighter and stocking the buildings for two weeks? Well you should.

Kinkels.

If you have any questions or something is unclear then message me and I will clear it up
Feel free to add comments or suggestions or other tips

Last updated:January 2010

Kinkels

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum